Who We Are
The MIVO Foundation is a Christian medical mission that operates an orthopedic clinic in L'estere, Haiti. L'estere is located between the two main principle cities of Haiti (Cap-Haitian and Port-au-Prince).
The MIVO foundation is a 100% voluntary non-profit organization from the U.S.A. who provides free orthopedic care to the Haitian people in the name of Jesus. The clinic operates year-round with full time dedicated staff of Haitian nurses (pictured above).
Currently, MIVO sends a team of physicians, nurses, and non-medical volunteers from the United States to the clinic four times a year.
To offer HOPE to the people of Haiti by treating their orthopedic problems through Christ-centered care, integrating their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
To PROVIDE the highest quality orthopedic surgical and medical care while sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with as many people as possible.
* Continues the development and expansion of the Centre based on patient orthopedic need.
* Establishes a fully trained Haitian orthopedic team with ongoing staff education to promote sustainability.
* Facilitates monthly hosting of orthopedic teams from the US to the Centre.
* Manages a structured fellowship program to strengthen and solidify the future of MIVO and quality orthopedic care in Haiti.
* Provides an environment to praise God alongside our patients as they receive the gift of salvation and declare Christ as Lord over their lives.
* Restores faith and enhances unity between US and Haiti with bilingual church services conducted at the centre on every Sunday morning that a US mission team serves there.
* Assists our Haitian staff to learn English and our American team leaders to learn Creole.
"May we grow brighter and reach farther as a beacon of God’s Light in the name of Jesus Christ." ~~~Romans 15: 13~~~