The MIVO Foundation is a Christian medical mission that operates an orthopedic clinic in L'estere, Haiti. L'estere is located between the two main principle cities of Haiti (Cap-Haitian and Port-au-Prince).
The MIVO foundation is a 100% voluntary non-profit organization from the U.S.A. who provides free orthopedic care to the Haitian people in the name of Jesus. The clinic operates year-round with full time dedicated staff of Haitian nurses (pictured above).
Currently, MIVO sends a team of physicians, nurses, and non-medical volunteers from the United States to the clinic four times a year.
The MIVO Foundation serves the people of Haiti by offering treatment options for Orthopedic problems. Consistent with a Christian faith, we believe these problems are physical, emotional, and spiritual illnesses. Through Christ-centered care, we integrate these aspects of life to enhance a path to recovery, offering hope from a biblical perspective.
To restore hope and provide healing to the people of Haiti through God's favor upon The MIVO Orthopedique Centre as the foundation:
* Continues the development and expansion of the Centre based on patient orthopedic need.
* Establishes a fully trained Haitian orthopedic team with ongoing staff education to promote sustainability.
* Facilitates monthly hosting of orthopedic teams from the US to the Centre.
* Manages a structured fellowship program to strengthen and solidify the future of MIVO and quality orthopedic care in Haiti.
* Provides an environment to praise God alongside our patients as they receive the gift of salvation and declare Christ as Lord over their lives.
* Restores faith and enhances unity between US and Haiti with bilingual church services conducted at the centre on every Sunday morning that a US mission team serves there.
* Assists our Haitian staff to learn English and our American team leaders to learn Creole.
"May we grow brighter and reach farther as a beacon of God’s Light in the name of Jesus Christ." ~~~Romans 15: 13~~~